Jermicheal D. Maxie, 29, of Terrell was arrested on Monday in connection with two murders that occurred on Saturday night in Terrell.

Maxie checked himself in the Dallas Presbyterian Hospital on Monday morning for an unknown medical issue.

“He was recognized from Dallas-Fort Worth media coverage by the photographed released Saturday by the Terrell Police Department,” Terrell Police Department Captain A.D. Sansom said.

The Dallas Police Department responded, confirmed his identity and took him into custody around 9:45 a.m.

The incident started on Jan. 12 at 5:48 p.m., the Terrell Police Department responded to a disturbance at 312 Cottage Street to find a deceased gunshot victim. He was identified as Kenneth White Jr., 37, of Terrell.

At 5:51 p.m., Terrell Police received a second call of a disturbance at 506 Frazier Street. A second gunshot victim was found deceased at this location. He was identified as Markiest Lucky, 25, of Terrell.

At 6:09 p.m., Terrell Police received a third call of an aggravated robbery/attempted aggravated kidnapping in the 100 block of West Main Street.

“The victim reported that a thin build, black male subject wearing all black, attempted to force her by gunpoint back into her vehicle. She fled on foot and the subject stole her vehicle, a black 2010 Lincoln, which included her cellular phone. No shots were fired and there were no reported injuries to the victim. The victim is an employee of the Terrell Independent School District. For clarification, this offense did not occur on any school property, nor did it involve West Moore Avenue or the American National Bank. This was being misreported on social media,” Sansom said.

Investigators on the scenes immediately linked the two murders to one suspect, Maxie, 29, of Terrell.

He had close ties to both victims.

“Although a person of interest, Maxie has not been linked or charged in the aggravated robbery/attempted kidnapping at this time,” Sansom said. “Known and confirmed information was provided right away to television/radio and news media as well as social media outlets.”

The stolen vehicle was recovered in Rowlett, unoccupied, on Jan. 12.

The Terrell Police Department, Texas Rangers, US Marshal Service, Kaufman Sheriff’s Department and Texas Highway patrol assisted in a variety of ways during the investigation, processing, surveillance, and perimeter control of the multiple crime scenes.

“Dallas-Ft. Worth and local media were extremely active in reporting and keeping the public aware of the “at large” status of the suspect, posting information and photographs regularly,” Sansom said.

The investigation continued throughout the weekend.

On Monday, Maxie checked himself into the Dallas Presbyterian Hospital. A technician at the hospital recognized him and alerted local authorities.

He is now in the custody of the Terrell Police Department.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

Thank you for Reading!

Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to read or post comments.