The city of Terrell announced that it has implemented the following measures effective Wednesday, March 18, in response to the coronavirus outbreak:
- The Hulsey Public Library is closed. Patrons can continue to access online resources. Visit hulseypubliclibrary.org for more information.
- City Hall and other city buildings and operations will be open by appointment only. This includes Municipal Court.
- All youth activities, including youth sports and the city pool, will follow the Terrell ISD’s closure schedule. Also, city tennis courts and soccer and ball fields will be closed to team sports.
- The city is delaying all city-sponsored festival-type events. The city will post cancellation notices closer to each event date.
- The City Council meeting schedule as well as boards and commissions will be limited and announced individually. Citizens are encouraged to listed to KPYK (1570 AM) or via Facebook live at the city’s page, City of Terrell Community.
- City staff have implemented cleaning and meeting rules the follow CDC guidelines. Emergency Management Services will make courtesy contact with senior living facilities to make sure they are following federal safety protocols.
- The Terrell Senior Center is closed, but it will continue with Meals on Wheels for seniors. Seniors who normally dine at the center can pick up meals.
- Utility payments can be made through the drive-thru window at City Hall or via the drop box. Court payments can be made the same way. Drive-thru hours are Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- For questions, concerns, appointments or hardship requests, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.