KAUFMAN–Kaufman County Commissioners approved work site releases for temporary construction of easements for 5275 CR 283 and 9169 CR 155. The CR 155 site needs a pond to drain away from the roadway to divert flooding and CR 283 needs to clear an obstruction in the creek which is backing up due to beavers building their homes in the creek.
The monthly treasurers report for June 2019 states the month of June started out with $19.2 million, receipts at $9.2 million, disbursement at $11.5 million, general fund $16 million (last year 13 million), interest earned was $5,099.66 and Texpool was $74,814.77 earned.
As of June, the county had $41.3 million in the bank.
The collections department quarterly report shows $259,040 which is an increase of 18 percent from the previous quarter and a 43 percent increase in the same period of 2018.
In other news, commissioners:
• awarded the Distinguished Service Award to the Kaufman county Historical Commission
• approved entering into an Interlocal Cooperative Agreement for Kaufman #1 public improvement District Assessment Collection between Kaufman County and the City of Kaufman.
• approved reappoint/appointing new directors for Levee Improvement District No. 5. Directors only purpose is to get rid of easements that were granted in the early 1920s and need a new board to do that. The levee district is anticipated to dissolve in the future. The new district officers will be Angela Smith, Cody Evans and Wilson Sands.
• approved Multi-Bank Securities Non-Corporate Resolution.
• total claims for payment is $4,307,049.49. Payroll expenses totaled $1,239,844 and road and bridge bond expenditures totaled $2,423,700.