KAUFMAN–Kaufman County Commissioners Court met June 26 and approved to temporarily replace Constable Chad Jones, who recently passed away, with Chief Deputy Vanessa J. Brooks until the general election when a permanent replacement can be selected.
Commissioners also approved a Memorandum of Understanding with Carevide for inmates at Medicaid rates. This is going to decrease or eliminate the need for inmates to go to the Emergency Room during daytime hours.
Commissioners approved the application submission of the structural repairs from Texas State Soil and Water Conservation Board for the repair of dam breaches in Pct. 4. The repairs will be good for 10 to 12 years and the county’s match would be 1.75 percent of the total cost. An upgrade, which would heighten the dam and give the dam a 50 year life span, would require a five percent match of the total cost. The county chose the repair option due to lower match cost.
In other news, commissioners:
• approved variances for Windmill Farms Phase 6B, which decreased lot sizes.
• approved a preliminary plat for Anabell Acres Pct. 1 off CR 110. This affects 13 lots in the subdivision.
• awarded a contract for RFP 19-03: Food Services for Kaufman County Detention Center.
• approved “No Parking Zone” signs for Rodeo Dr. and Denim Dr. in Pct. 3.
• approved an additional credit card for the Sheriff’s Department/transport officers for travel expenses.
• treasurers report for the general fund is $22,675,000.
• approved payroll and benefits of $1,238,665.63.
• approved claims for payment of $491,224.18.